Italy is the most beautiful counties in Europe and a famous tourist destination. Italian culture is all about food, language and art and Italy is the country of origin of many famous artists. Italian architecture is unparalleled in the entire world. Italy is counted as eight most industrialized countries in the world with a strong manufacturing industry and robust net work of scientific parks, offering ample scope for cutting edge research and job opportunities in diverse fields. Italians are very easy going people, fashion and fabulous food makes Italy truly irresistible for international students.
- Name : Republika Italiana (Italian Republic)
- Climate : Temperate climate with regional variations
- Population : 61.3 million (2013)
- Capital : Rome
- Government : Democracy, Republic
- GDP : 2071.31 billion US dollars (2013)
- Language : Italian as well as German, French and Latin in some regions in Northern Italy
- Currency : Euro
- Number of universities : 89
WHY STUDY IN ITALY?
- 15 Italian universities finds place in the list of Top 200 universities in the world
- Courses designed in collaboration with companies thus increasing employability
- English is the prime medium of instruction
- Italian language and intensive Italian programs are taught at all levels, from beginning to advance levels
- IELTS /TOEFL not required
- Ranks among the 8 most industrialized countries in the world
- 6 months stay back available
- Opportunity to work 20 hours per week
- Home to thousands of industries –ship building, Aircraft commercial vehicles, electrical goods, textiles etc offering excellent job opportunities
- Extremely warm & co-operative people
- Extensive transport network of train and bus offers endless opportunities to explore
- Has reputation for its rich (but surprisingly healthy) Mediterranean diet
The Italian Higher Education System
Italian higher education system consists of two main articulations: the university sector and the non-university sector. Currently the university sector comprise of 89 university institutions out of which
- 58 State universities and 17 non-State universities (legally recognized by the State).
- 2 Universities for foreigners.
- 6 Higher schools specialized in postgraduate university studies.
- 6 Telematic universities.
The non-university sector includes 4 education typologies with their institutions:
- Higher schools of design : polytechnics for the arts, academies of fine arts, higher institutes for applied arts, music conservatories and recognized music institutes, higher institutes for musical and choreographic studies, national academies etc
- The academic year comprise of two semesters. The first semester starts in September/October and ends in January/February. The second semester starts in February and ends in July.
*Intakes may vary from university to university
COST OF EDUCATION
- Approximately 3300 Euros per year, fee may vary depending on the university and course of study.
- For Specialized degree and doctoral courses the fee would be on a higher side
COST OF LIVING
- Varies considerably depending on location, though comes between 1000 and 1500 Euros.
WORK RIGHTS AND STAY BACK
- Stay back up to 1 Year and part time work rights of 20 hours per weekTop of Form