UK has a long and proud tradition of education, housing universities with roots back in the 12thand 13th centuries. England is quite a unique place on earth that offers a rich multicultural atmosphere. UK is known for the oldest and most prestigious universities of the world with excellent campuses, infrastructure and standards of teaching.
- Capital – London
- Population: 63.23 million
- GDP: $2.435 trillion
- Number of universities: 109
- Foreign Student Enrolment 2012/2013: 425,260
- Currency: Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Official Languages: English
WHY STUDY IN UK?
- International education hub for more than 100 years
- The UK education system holds an outstanding international reputation
- Easy Visa rules for international students
- Diverse range of courses with wide range of specialisations
- UK has the second highest number of universities ranked in the top 100
- Sandwich bachelors with 1 year Industry placement
UK EDUCATION SYSTEM
The higher education imparting bodies in the UK are
- Institutions of higher education.
- Degree courses
- Vocational training
- Postgraduate courses.
- Sandwich courses whereby part-time work and real experience is combined between the course duration.
- First degree courses of 3-4 years duration.
- Diplomas and vocational courses of 1-2 years with the Vocational and Technical Education Councils conferring the degree certificate.
- Postgraduate study may be in one of two forms - either as a work of independent research under supervision or a taught course of one or two year’s duration.
- IELTS or TOEFL scores or any equivalent as a proof of English Proficiency
- Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.0
- Bachelor’s Degree: Overall band score of 6.0
- Masters Programs: Overall band score of 6.0 – 6.5
- January /February/September/November
COST OF EDUCATION
- An average of 7500 pounds per year*
*Fees information given are of informative nature may vary from university to university
COST OF LIVING
- 9180 GBP (Inner London – 9 months)
- 7380 GBP (Outer London – 9 months)
WORK RIGHTS AND STAY BACK
- 20 hours per week ( 40 hours during vacation )full time work rights for spouses for Masters programme
- Post study work permit for students who secure a job offer with salary of 20,600GBP