Switzerland is the heart of Europe with bounded with mountains Switzerland is not only known for its nature beauty it is known for its renowned for its outstanding universities, research institutions and high quality of life with plenty of opportunities.
- Population 8.081 million (2013 EST.)
- Official languages -German, French, Italian, and Romansh.
- Capital: Bern
- Major cities Zurich, Basle, Geneva, Berne and Lausanne
- Zurich: Largest city, financial and industrial centre
- Telephone country prefix- 41
- Switzerland Currency – Swiss Franc
WHY STUDY IN SWITZERLAND?
- High-quality education
- World's highest levels of income per person.
- Un employment rate is very low
- World-leading research environment
- Switzerland is especially known for its Hotel Management Courses.
- Low tuition fees as universities are mainly publicly funded
- Wide spectrum of study programs
- Many study programs in English
- Low student/faculty ratio and small working groups
- Excellent facilities
SWITZERLAND EDUCATION SYSTEM
- 10 cantonal universities
- 2 Federal Institutes of Technology
- 7 Universities of Applied Sciences
Switzerland education system is of
- Primary levels of compulsory schooling
- Secondary levels post compulsory stage which lasts up to four years.
- Tertiary levels covers universities and higher vocational training
- Higher vocational training is provided by higher technical schools and technical schools, leading to vocational certificates and higher vocational diplomas.
- IELTS or TOEFL scores as a proof of English Proficiency.
- Diploma programs require an IELTS Overall band score of 5.0
- Post Graduate Diploma programs require 5.5 bands Bachelors & Masters Programs require an Overall band score of 6.0
- January / February /April / May/ July/ August /October /November
- Average Fees For Diploma Programs: CHF 18,500/-
- Bachelors & Post Graduate Diploma: CHF 20,500/- MBA: 24,000/-
*Tuition fees vary depending on the institution and the study programme, /p>
COST OF LIVING
- Living expenses range between CHF 19,000- and 29,000 per year depending on the location of the university and individual needs.