New Zealand is the new and upcoming destination for educational opportunities at affordable costs. New Zealand is becoming the first choice for an increasing number of international students seeking quality education & to explore new ideas in pioneering programmes that will put them at the front in the world job markets of the future. New Zealand is not only for job and education it is gifted with picturesque landscapes of country side and vibrant, clean cities.
- Population: 4,744,500 (2016 EST)
- Climate- cool temperate to warm temperate with a strong maritime influence.
- Capital City: Wellington
- Largest City: Auckland
- Government: Constitutional Monarchy with a Parliamentary Democracy
- Official Language: English
- No of universities -8
- Other Official Languages: Maori, New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL)
- Currency: New Zealand Dollar ($)
WHY STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND?
- World’s most recognised education system
- Perfect balance in theoretical and practical modules focused on industry centric training
- Qualifications widely recognized and respected internationally
- Cost of education is cheaper as compared to Australia/US/UK
- Fee payment only on visa approval
- Cost effective industry endorsed programs for engineers
- Hospitality programs with paid internships
- Skill shortage across various sectors therefore high demand for fresh graduates
- Temperate climate with pleasant seasonal changes conducive for study and recreation.
- Large numbers of Indians has migrated in the last 10 years and have been successful.
- High Student Visas success rate.
- Depended can accompany along with student who is pursuing above Level 7 Programs
- Work permit for Spouse
NEW ZEALAND EDUCATION SYSTEM
The qualifications of New Zealand are issued and administered by New Zealand qualifications Authority (NZQA). The education system of New Zealand includes
There are 8 government-funded universities in New Zealand which is open to anyone who meets the common entrance qualification prescribed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
There are 20 polytechnics called as Institutes of Technology offer a wide range of courses.
- Private Training Institutions
There are over 800 private education providers, offering short-term English language courses for international students.
IELTS scores as a proof of English Proficiency.
- Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
- Bachelor’s Degree: Overall band score of 6.0
- Graduate Diploma: Overall band score of 6.0
- PG Diploma : Over all band score 6.5
- Master Programs: Overall band score of 6.5
- February / July /September/October
COST OF EDUCATION
- Polytechnic Diploma Courses range from NZ$13,500 - NZ$16,000 per year depending on the course
- Universities Degree range from NZ$15,000 - NZ$18,000 per year for most under-graduate degrees
- Post-graduate Degrees begin from NZ$16,000 per year and MBA Degrees are about NZ$22,000
*Tuition fees vary depending on the institution and the study programme
COST OF LIVING
- Between NZ$8,000 and NZ$10,000 /Year *
WORK RIGHTS AND STAY BACK
- 20 hours per week 40 hours during vacation
- Spouse eligible for full time work permit
- 12 months graduate job search visa
- University of Canterbury, Christchurch
- Lincoln University, Lincoln, Canterbury
- Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland
- Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin & Auckland
- Waikato Institute of Technology (WINTEC), Hamilton
- Ara Institute of Canterbury, Christchurch
- Manukau Institute of Technology, Auckland
- Whitireia Institute of Technology, Whitireia
- Nelson & Marlborough Institute of Technology, Nelson & Blenheim
- Southern Institute of Technology (SIT), Invercargill
- Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec), Wellington
- Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
- North Tec, Auckland
- Auckland Institute Of Studies, Auckland
- Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki (WITT), New Plymouth
- EDENZ College, Auckland
- National Tertiary Education Consortium (Ntec), Auckland
- UUNZ Institute of Business, Auckland
- New Zealand School of Education, Auckland
- Auckland Wise Institute. AWI International Education Group, Auckland
- North Shore International Academy, Auckland
- Pacific International Hotel Management School, New Plymouth
- Royal Business College, Christchurch
- Queens Academic Group (QAG), Auckland
- Le Cordon Bleu, Wellington
- Computer Power Plus, Auckland
- Cornell Institute of Business & Technology, Auckland
- International Academy of New Zealand, Auckland
- International College of New Zealand (ICNZ), Auckland
- Imperial College of New Zealand, Auckland
- Taylors College, Auckland